Current Position and Projects
Qatar Science and Technology Park (QSTP, Member of Qatar Foundation)
May 2014 – Present: Manager,
- in charge of the Proof of Concept investment fund, especially for ICT and healthcare industries (proposals assessment, investment decision, portfolio management);
- responsible for planning and development of the QSTP Incubator. Main focus on business planning, portfolio of investments and support services to startups;
- mentoring startups as per the QSTP Accelerator program.
November 2010 – April 2014: RASAD Manager,
- responsible for planning, launching and growing RASAD, a business venture supporting an innovative real time remote monitoring platform for telemedicine, adopted internationally. Investment: $3.5m. Signed clients’ contracts for more than $700m in annual revenue;
- Assessing, negotiating and signing co-investment in GE Healthcare Vscan ultrasound portable device;
- Assessing, negotiating and signing co-investment in GE Healthcare Digital Breast Tomography (DBT);
- Assessing, negotiating and signing co-investment in GE Healthcare Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography (CESM);
- Negotiating, planning, establishing and implementing the Qatar Mobility Innovations Centre (a centre that develops innovative ICT solutions for mobility). Initial investment: approx. $8.5m per annum for 5 years. From 2009 till 2012, Salvino also was a Board member of QMIC
- Negotiating, planning and supporting the launch of the Williams Formula 1 Technology Center Qatar (an advanced R&D centre of the Williams Formula 1 team that develops driving simulation and energy storage solutions). Initial co-investment: approx. $1.7m per annum for 3 years
- In India, negotiating, planning and supporting the launch of a Qatari branch of the Indian TATA TCE engineering consulting company.
- Negotiating, planning, establishing and implementing the Qatar Robotic Surgery Center (the first applied research and training centre devoted to robotic surgery and medical digital imaging in the Middle East). Initial investment: approx. $10m per annum for 5 years
- Negotiating a joint venture project between the State of Qatar and the Cuban Government to establish the Cuban Hospital in Qatar. The State of Qatar built and equipped the hospital, with Cuban Government providing more than 200 medical professionals.
- Responsible for assisting in company/branch formation, managing and administering the QSTP Free Zone. As such, Salvino was involved in the negotiations to establish applied research centers from large companies such as, but not limited to GE, ExxonMobil, EADS.
- As one of the first five employees of QSTP, Salvino was involved in the creation, design, planning and implementation of QSTP, a billion-plus $ project.